Terms and Conditions
- Toilet facilities are available at The Shire’s Rest Cafe, the entrance to the Movie Set and at the Green Dragon.
- Menu requirements for groups need to be pre-advised. Blackboard menu available to FIT market.
- Sensible walking footwear is required.
- All prices are retail and in NZ$.
- All prices are GST inclusive.
- Tours and activities operate in all weather conditions, umbrellas are provided in the event of rain.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions we reserve the right to make alternative tour arrangements.
- Please note that no tours are able to access the set without being accompanied by a tour guide. The set is located on private property and is still operated as a working sheep farm.
- The Shire’s Rest Cafe is open every day (excluding Christmas day), café hours 9.00am to 4.30pm. Blackboard menu available until 3.00pm.
- Retail validation dates, 2018-20 valid until 31 March 2020.
- Foreign language information – Official Tour Guide Document in eleven languages (Chinese, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Russian).
All Tour bookings
|Cancellation more than 72 hours before tour departure||100% refund|
|Cancellation made less than 72 hours before tour departure||No refund|
Hobbiton™ Movie Set are happy to accommodate all cancellation requests from customers whose travel plans have been affected by the Covid-19 virus with a 100% refund provided customers have cancelled their tour 72 hours before the scheduled departure.
To cancel or postpone your tour with us, please contact our team
Service of Alcohol
Hobbiton Movie Set require all customers to produce a form of valid ID in order to be served alcohol from our venues as directed by the New Zealand Sale and Supply of Alcohol Regulations 2013.
The following forms of ID are accepted:
- Current Passport
- New Zealand Drivers License
- Hospitality New Zealand 18+ Card
The following form of ID cannot be accepted:
- Overseas Drivers Licence
- International Drivers License
- Student Card
- Youth Travel Card
- Photocopy of your Passport, 18+ Card or NZ Drivers License
- Any Passport, 18+ Card or NZ Drivers License that is expired
- When moving or transferring a booking this policy remains as per the original time and date of the booking with no additional charges.
- Up to a month after the original time and date a booking can be moved but all details are as per the above.
- Moving a booking outside of the month after the original time and date forfeits any refund.
- No refund is claimable without prior notification before your original tour time and date.
All refunds as per above policy must be claimed within one month of the tour departure date or no refund will be given.
All cancellation queries for Functions and Events must go through our Events Coordinator