Terms and Conditions
- Please note the only way to access Hobbiton Movie Set is on a guided tour. The movie set is located on private property and is operated as a working farm.
- All prices are retail and in New Zealand Dollars.
- All prices are GST inclusive.
- Tours and activities operate in all weather conditions with umbrellas provided in the event of rain. In the event of extreme weather conditions we reserve the right to make alternative tour arrangements.
- Hobbiton Movie Set is open every day excluding Christmas day. Please refer to experiences pages to view tour availability for your preferred travel date.
- New Zealand Gold Cards must be cited upon check-in to honour this fare type and are only available for direct bookings made with Hobbiton Movie Set. International Seniors Cards are not accepted.
- Family Pass tickets are only available for our 2 hour Hobbiton Movie Set tour and are only available for direct bookings made with Hobbiton Movie Set. The Family Pass is only valid for 2x Adults (17+) and 2x Youth (9-16 years).
- Photos and video recordings taken at Hobbiton Movie Set are for personal use only and are not to be sold, distributed or used for commercial gain due to our contracts with the film companies.
- Please check-in at least 20 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time unless otherwise specified on your booking confirmation.
- Check-in for all tours closes 5 minutes prior to your scheduled tour departure time.
- If you do not check-in 5 minutes before your scheduled tour departure time, your booking may be moved to the next available tour time or date, depending on your tour experience.
- Running late? Please contact our team as soon as possible.
- If you need to make changes to your booking, please contact our team.
- Amendments can be made up to 2 hours before your scheduled tour time.
- Our tours can book out well in advance. If you need to make changes to your booking, we recommend doing so as soon as possible.
- Please note, amendments to your booking are subject to availability. If your preferred tour time or date is not available, our below cancellation policy applies.
- No shows: If you do not advise our team and fail to check in for your scheduled tour experience, your booking will be cancelled with no refund given.
Hobbiton Movie Set Tour (2 hour tour):
|Cancellation more than 24 hours before tour departure||100% refund|
|Cancellation made less than 24 hours before tour departure||No refund|
Evening Banquet Tours, Second Breakfast Tours, Tour + Lunch Combo, Private Tours and Inbound Tours:
|Cancellation more than 72 hours before tour departure||100% refund|
|Cancellation made less than 72 hours before tour departure||No refund|
Special Events (International Hobbit Day, Hobbiton Beer Festival, Hobbiton Christmas etc):
|Cancellation more than 7 days before departure||100% refund|
|Cancellation made less than 7 days before tour departure||No refund|
If you have made a booking on a Hobbiton Movie Set Tour and your travel plans are affected by COVID-19 isolation requirements, we can provide a 100% refund on your booking. Alternatively, we can move your booking to another date or transfer the value of your booking to a Gift Voucher valid for 12 months.
To cancel, postpone or transfer your booking to a voucher, please contact our team.
Please note, Hobbiton Movie Set reserves the right to adapt our tour experience and/or split large groups in order to ensure we can comply with NZ Government requirements on the date of operation. For more information on our current COVID-19 precautions in place please click here.
To protect the health and safety of our staff and customers, Hobbiton staff reserve the right to deny entry to our venues and tour experiences to any persons who are exhibiting any obvious COVID-19 symptoms (including but not exclusive to fever, cough and shortness of breath). If you or someone in your group are experiencing symptoms, please advise our staff immediately via phone or email before arriving onsite.
- Images and Video: Any sales or commercial gain from images or video captured at Hobbiton Movie Set is strictly prohibited due to intellectual property restrictions and our agreements with the film companies.
- Private Events: All cancellation or amendment queries for Functions and Events must go through our Events Coordinator and are not covered under the above policies.
- Refunds: Unless instructed otherwise, refunds will be processed onto the card used at time of original booking. Refunds can take up to 20 working days to appear in your account.
- Drones: Hobbiton Movie Set is on private property. Drone use is not permitted unless express permission is obtained from the landowners.
Service of Alcohol
Hobbiton Movie Set require all customers to produce a form of valid ID in order to be served alcohol from our venues as directed by the New Zealand Sale and Supply of Alcohol Regulations 2013.
The following forms of ID are accepted:
- Current Passport
- New Zealand Drivers License
- Hospitality New Zealand 18+ Card
The following form of ID cannot be accepted:
- Overseas Drivers Licence
- International Drivers License
- Student Card
- Youth Travel Card
- Photocopy of your Passport, 18+ Card or NZ Drivers License
- Any Passport, 18+ Card or NZ Drivers License that is expired
Hobbiton Movie Set reserves the right to adapt or make changes to the above Terms and Conditions with no notice given. Last reviewed October 2022.