Terms and Conditions
- All prices are retail and in New Zealand Dollars.
- All prices are GST inclusive.
- NZ Gold Cards must be cited upon check-in to honour this fare type.
- Tours and activities operate in all weather conditions with umbrellas are provided in the event of rain.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions we reserve the right to make alternative tour arrangements.
- Please note that no tours are able to access the set without being accompanied by a tour guide. The set is located on private property and is still operated as a working farm.
- The Shire’s Rest Cafe is open every day (excluding Christmas day).
- Retail validation dates, 2021-23 valid until 31 March 2023.
- Photos and video recordings taken on set are for personal use only and not to be sold, distributed or used for commercial gain due to our contracts with the film companies.
|Cancellation more than 24 hours before tour departure||100% refund|
|Cancellation made less than 24 hours before tour departure||No refund|
If you wish to make amendments to your Daily Tour booking date or time, we are able to make amendments bookings up to 2 hours before at no cost. Bookings can be moved up to one month after the original tour date.
Private Tour, Second Breakfast Tour & Evening Banquet Tour:
|Cancellation more than 72 hours before tour departure||100% refund|
|Cancellation made less than 72 hours before tour departure||No refund|
|Cancellation more than 7 days before departure||100% refund|
|Cancellation made less than 7 days before tour departure||No refund|
To protect the health and safety of our staff and customers, Hobbiton staff reserve the right to deny entry to our venues and tour experiences to any persons who are exhibiting any potential COVID-19 symptoms (including but not exclusive to fever, cough and shortness of breath). If you or someone in your group are experiencing symptoms, please advise our staff immediately via phone or email before arriving onsite.
If you have made a booking on a Hobbiton Movie Set Tour and your travel plans are affected by enforced COVID-19 restrictions, we can provide a 100% refund on your booking. Alternatively, we can move your booking to another date or transfer the value of your booking to a Gift Voucher valid for 12 months.
To cancel, postpone or transfer your booking to a voucher, please contact our team.
Please note, due to COVID-19 restrictions, Hobbiton Movie Set reserves the right to adapt our tour experience and/or split large groups in order to ensure we can comply with NZ Government restrictions of operation at the time.
For more information on our current COVID-19 restrictions in place for our tours please click here.
- Moving a booking: A booking can only be moved up to one month after the original time and date of the scheduled tour experience.
- No shows: If you do not contact our team and do not arrive to check in for your scheduled tour experience, your booking will be cancelled with no refund given.
- Images and Video: Any sales or commercial gain from images or video captured at Hobbiton Movie Set is strictly prohibited due to intellectual property restrictions and our agreements with the film companies.
- Private Events: All cancellation queries for Functions and Events must go through our Events Coordinator.
- Refunds: Unless directed otherwise, refunds will be processed onto the card used at time of original booking. Refunds can take up to 20 working days to appear in your account.
Service of Alcohol
Hobbiton Movie Set require all customers to produce a form of valid ID in order to be served alcohol from our venues as directed by the New Zealand Sale and Supply of Alcohol Regulations 2013.
The following forms of ID are accepted:
- Current Passport
- New Zealand Drivers License
- Hospitality New Zealand 18+ Card
The following form of ID cannot be accepted:
- Overseas Drivers Licence
- International Drivers License
- Student Card
- Youth Travel Card
- Photocopy of your Passport, 18+ Card or NZ Drivers License
- Any Passport, 18+ Card or NZ Drivers License that is expire.